What is the process for concrete polishing?
Concrete polished floors are the quickest and easiest floors to install, typically because the installation process is utilizing the materials that are already present. Concrete floors, without professionally installed protection will not last very long, so it is important to hire a licensed contractor for the job. The process is quick, as follows:
- A hardness test is conducted to determine what tools should be used to properly polish your concrete.
- After the appropriate tools have been determined for your concrete, the grinding process begins.
- Any holes or cracks are repaired during this time and grinded down to fit the existing concrete properly.
- Densifying and staining your concrete is next, this is an important process that is completed after the small layer of your concretes surface has been removed.
- Some more grinding may take place and then, generally, we move on the final product of your soon to be finished floors.
Each process is a little different because we treat all of our clients as individual cases.